Associate Professor, Department of Biological Chemistry and Pharmacology
182 Rightmire Hall
1060 Carmack Road
Columbus, OH 43210
Areas of Expertise
- Molecular and Celluar Neuroscience
- Neurotrauma, Neurological Disorders, and Gene/Clinical Therapies
- Stress and Neuroimmunology
- Postdoctoral Training: University of California, San Francisco
- PhD: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
Current Research Description
My laboratory studies the mechanism and function of neuronal electrical signaling in health and disease. In particular, we focus on understanding ion channel regulation related to concussive brain injury, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer's disease, epilepsy, and alcohol abuse. Currently, we are working on the following three projects:
- Mechanosensitive ion channels and their roles in mild traumatic brain injury.
- Activity-dependent regulation of myelination in the brain.
- Regulation of voltage-gated ion channels in fast-spiking neurons.